Host Family Benefits
- Create your homestay profile with photos, description, and availability
- Marketing of your homestay to hundreds of students, agents, schools and support programs
- Access to our growing library cultural training videos and articles
- Guaranteed monthly payments while a student is in your home
- Video recorded interviews to view students before they arrive
- Support Ticket & Program Feedback Rating System
- Affiliate Program to earn referrals
- Common application allows you to work with muliple homestay support programs in your area without duplicate paperwork
How to become an “I-CAN Certified Homestay”
Apply to host an international student in your area for short or long term. All residents of the home over 18 years old will be subject to annual background checks and an in-person home interview. Host parents must be at least 25 years old and provide a private room meals and transportation for middle and high school students. Before a student can be placed in your home, we will contact you to conduct a phone interview and a preliminary background check. Then a local representative will conduct an in-home visit to meet all residents of your home.
Step 1. Create your user account
Creating your user account is free and it will give you access to information that is restricted to I CAN APPLY Members. You can view the status of your application from the Inbox page, once you are logged in.
Step 2. Complete Your Application and Create your Homestay Profile
Once you have a user account you will be able to complete your application and create your own homestay profile (or we can do it for you). Just log into the “Inbox” to view your application. If all steps of the screening process are not complete yet your listing will show as “coming soon”. This way we can start to “pre-market” your homestay to potential students and agents.
Step 3. Enroll into I-CAN Academy for Orientation and Cultural Training with the Global Education Membership
Get trained so that your hosting experience goes as smoothly as possible.
Step 4. Get Matched with a Student
We will keep you up-to-date on new programs and territory developments. Many short term students will be arriving during holiday breaks as well as for the school year. You will be notified each time a student is interested in your homestay.